June 14, 2017

Wellness Wednesday (n°6): La Bonne Beauté with Blissoma Holistic Skincare


*This post is written based on my opinions and desire to follow a clean beauty routine that will keep my skin radiant and my body healthy. I was not paid to endorse any of these products and share these opinions purely out of love. 

Nestled on LaSalle Street in the heart of St. Louis's Florist Row, there is so much beauty blooming at Blissoma Holistic Skincare + Apothecary.  Beautiful products. Beautiful space. Beautiful people. I met Julie (Blissoma founder and herbal chemist) and Laurie (Blissoma makeup artist) at the Grand Market a few weekends back. As I had already taken an interest in healthy beauty, this meeting felt rather fortuitous. I was searching for a nighttime moisturizer and picked up a bottle of Peace Evening Calming Crème. I loved it. I have been using this in combination with some other healthy products including this cleanser, this toner, and this sunscreen. After just a few weeks my skin feels healthier, and I don't feel the need to wash my face as soon as I get home each evening because it feels oily and irritated. My skin can breathe. :) 


(Me with a big smile on my face after a consultation at Blissoma!)

Last Friday morning I made my way to Blissoma's storefront to check out their entire line, as well as the healthy cosmetic brands that they carry. If you've been following along, you know I've been trying to wade through the enormous beauty market to find honest, healthy products. Blissoma makes their lines entirely in house and they are 100% natural, certified organic, vegan, and cruelty free. Laurie even took me on a tour of their workspace so I could see exactly where the products are made with love. I breathed a sigh of relief at the opportunity to talk to the women behind these products from development to sale. It doesn't get more honest than that. 




Laurie gave me quality time and personal attention. She walked me through nearly every product in the store, asked me about my specific skin needs and daily makeup routine, and sat down with me to try out all of the products I was interested in on my skin. She taught me application techniques and answered my many questions (beauty routines fascinate me, but I'm just now finding what works for me so I have a lot of questions!). 





In addition to going with the oily/acneic skincare line (this trial size is perfect for my carry on), I'm changing over to Alima Pure's mineral foundation. With many shades, you are sure to find one that matches your skin beautifully, and it feels so weightless & fresh. Laurie explained that this particular mineral foundation will not set in and enter the bloodstream like other products on the market can.




One brand Blissoma carries that I am especially excited about is Couleur Caramel, and what do you know? Their products are manufactured in France (and Italy) and Qualité France compliant (click this link for a chance to lire en français). This means that they are safe & transparent products and companies. I'm trying their Creamy and Shiny Lipstick in Glossy True Red so that I have a truly Parisian red lip for my travels! I'm also defining my eyes with their Long Eyelashes Mascara in brown. I feel confident knowing that when I shop at Blissoma, I am investing in high quality products that will work and last. I am also investing in my community. That is an incredible feeling! 




If you are a fellow St. Louisan interested in healthy beauty, subscribe to the Blissoma newsletter by clicking "sign up now" at the bottom of their page. You won't want to miss out on all that this blooming company has to offer. Stop by their store on LaSalle Street Thursday through Saturday and meet Julie, Laurie and their sweet bunny Blossom. I think you will adore your experience! If you are not from St. Louis, you can check out Blissoma online. They also do consultations via e-mail! As always, merci for stopping by. I hope this post has given you ideas to increase your wellness and confidence so that you can let your true self radiate. It is in this way that we feel empowered to say yes to pursuing our passions and living our best lives. 


Warmest of wishes from me to you,



(Blossom the bunny)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...