July 24, 2017

A Taste of France in STL: Nathaniel Reid Bakery


I was already out and about on this sunny Monday morning, so it made sense to make my way to Nathaniel Reid for fresh pastries and coffee. Not that I really needed an excuse other than the fact that right here in St. Louis, MO we have the great pleasure of enjoying delectable pastries from internationally recognized pastry chef Nathaniel Reid. 


(Nathaniel Reid Bakery, 11243 Manchester Rd, St. Louis, MO 63122)

Reid is a graduate of Paris' Le Cordon Bleu. Talk about a Paris connection! In an interview with St. Louis' own Feast Magazine, he describes the design of the bakery, highlighting the windows that allow customers to watch the pastry chefs in action. He mentions the reward of seeing customer reactions as they enter the space, and I can attest to Reid's genuine joy in this as he personally came to the counter to wish me a good morning and thank me for coming in. 

Now to share what I picked up this morning. I was standing before the glorious case of delectables incredibly conflicted. Chocolate croissant or almond croissant? Then what should appear before my eyes but a chocolate almond croissant! The best of both worlds! I chose one of these beauties for today's breakfast and grabbed a traditional croissant for later (I think I'll use it to make a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch). And to share with my fiancé? A Ruby (raspberry tea, chocolate mousse, raspberries) which reminded me of the artfully made delicacies we saw behind the cases in Paris' very own pâtisseries just a few weeks ago. 




I rounded out my Parisian morning by pairing Nathaniel Reid's chocolate almond croissant with Lauren Collins' When in French, allowing myself to travel to France right in my own living room. This buttery, flaky, melt in your mouth croissant that was bursting with flavor transported me if only for a moment. :) 



You already know what I am going to say. If you are a fellow St. Louisan allez! Go to Nathaniel Reid bakery, right now if you can! But in all seriousness, we are very fortunate to have this wonderful treat, and I highly recommend a visit the next time you are out and about town and find yourself craving a little taste of France right here in STL. 

Warm wishes and bon appétit from me to you,







Passez une bonne semaine! Have a wonderful week!
⚜⚜⚜

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...