June 12, 2017

A Taste of France in STL: Brasserie by Niche


French bistro chairs and un café on the sidewalk, on a Sunday morning in summer. What could be more Parisian? St. Louis's Brasserie by Niche is, as I described to Tony over brunch, a little slice of Paris in STL. Our Sunday plans included brunch at Brasserie followed by the Central West End Home & Garden tour, where we explored St. Louis homes dating as far back as 1892. But first, rejoignez-nous pour le brunch! 


Tony and I often choose Brasserie for special occasions including birthdays and anniversaries, but we will make any excuse. ;-) Brasserie's dinner menu includes many classically French dishes including gougères, soupe à l'oignon, and croque madame. They recently began serving le déjeuner, too (lundi à vendredi)! The brunch menu (served samedi et dimanche) is full of deliciously sweet treats. I'm a total sweet tooth, but there are of course savory options if that is your thing! We ordered deux cafés, the brioche french toast, and sweet beignets (with housemade fresh cheese and dried plum compote - I know, right?! It's as good as you're imagining...). I also got a grapefruit brûlée on the side. Absolument délicieux! 



As I sipped my coffee and made a beautiful mess of powdered sugar with my beignets, I was giddy with the excitement of spending a summer morning this very same way IN PARIS!!! (Countdown: just over two weeks.) I am also so happy to know that when Paris is not the reality, I can enjoy a little taste right here at home grâce à Brasserie. 

⚜⚜⚜

And now for a bonus peek at the Central West End's neighborhood charms. As you are likely aware, I am always on the lookout for the fleur de lis, a symbol that represents France and my hometown which has some French history and is named after Louis IX of France. The fleur de lis was out in abundance on Sunday. Here are some of the images I captured:


I love that you can see the Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis off in the distance, another one of the city's gems. I also spotted the Tricolore flying proudly alongside the U.S. flag at this beautiful Central West End home.


If you are are a St. Louisan longing for a taste of France but France must wait, add Brasserie by Niche to your list. It is possibly my favorite restaurant in the city. For other tastes of France in STL, be sure to check out my previous posts:

La Pâtisserie Chouquette in Tower Grove
Comme à la Maison {Like Home} in Grand Center

Stay up to date on French spots and happenings in STL by clicking on my France in STL tab at the top of the home page! As always, merci beaucoup for stopping by. 

Warm wishes from me to you and bon appétit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...