June 16, 2017

Le Bric à Brac: Odds & Ends (n°1)


Bonjour readers, and happy vendredi! I often stumble across odds & ends that I want to share with you, so I decided to start a little series called le bric à brac (odds & ends en français). These will be short posts with discoveries and links I think you might enjoy. Stay tuned for tomorrow, I've got a very special post coming your way. :) 


⚜⚜⚜

⚜I ordered Rae Dunn's new book after listening to her interview on the Simple Sophisticate Podcast. It's a beautiful book that gave me the nudge I needed to get back to my sketches.

⚜I recently heard about French Quarter Magazine, a magazine "...seeking to grow an appreciation for, and to celebrate, the rich and colourful history and heritage of France combined with a vibrant mix of modernity and technology. We want to help expand knowledge of history, culture and all the arts through articles on gastronomy, fashion, upcoming exhibitions, interviews of important personalities... Our Franco-American initiative to preserve cultural treasures in both countries is crucial." Thinking of trying out an issue! 

⚜Planning a trip to Paris (or just dreaming of Paris as I so often do)? Check out these wonderful Paris City Guides:

The Simply Luxurious Life
Every Day Parisian
Lost in Cheeseland

⚜Tony and I are going to be in Paris on a Sunday. I've heard the city gets quiet on Sundays, so I did some research on ways to spend a Sunday in Paris on this amazing blog!
How to Spend a Sunday in Paris Part I
How to Spend a Sunday in Paris Part II
How to Spend a Sunday in Paris Part III

⚜Fun Twitter account: @Les_Machins for French words, expressions and daily quiz questions to practice!

My Paris Kitchen by David Lebovitz is $2.99 on Kindle! 

Beautiful bracelet I've got my eye on, from a company here in St. Louis! 

French Weekend, a weekly newsletter by Carrie Anne James of French is Beautiful is a wonderful way to bring a little more French into your life each week. 

If you have any fun odds and ends you've discovered, be sure to share them in the comments! I would love to hear from you.


Warm wishes and bon weekend from me to you,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...