December 23, 2017

FdSTL Tenth Day of Christmas: Ten Livres à Lire


Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and today we awoke to a dusting of snow in St. Louis. Sipping coffee by the Christmas tree feels extra festive this morning. 

With 2018 just around the corner, goals for the new year are very much on my mind. In 2016, I set my first Goodreads reading challenge to read 16 books that year.  I ended up reading 24, so I set a goal to read 24 books in 2017. I'm finishing up my 24th book now. :) For 2018, I'm considering raising the bar to 30 books as I really want reading to be a bigger part of my every day. 


Today I share 10 livres à lire, 10 books to read. These francophile reads are all on my "to be read" list for 2018 - some of them I own and just haven't gotten to, some of them have been recommended by fellow francophiles. I'm so looking forward to more reading with a little French flair. Here's the list!


A Moveable Feast: The Restored Edition by Ernest Hemingway

The Sweet Life in Paris by David Leibovitz


L'Appart: The Delights and Disasters of Making My Paris Home by David Leibovitz

Lunch in Paris: A Love Story, with Recipes

Paris Letters by Janice MacLeod


A Paris All Your Own: Bestselling Women Writers on the City of Light edited by Eleanor Brown

A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle

The Bonjour Effect by Julie Barlow & Jean-Benoît Nadeau

Mastering the Art of French Eating by Ann Mah

Flâneuse by Lauren Elkin

I hope you've enjoyed this list. Maybe you even found a few French reads to add to your reading list for 2018. If you have any absolute francophile favorites that aren't on this list, I would love to know in the comments below!


Happy reading!
Warm wishes from me to you,

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah A Moveable Feast, I have that same edition and it is on my to read list as well. Merry Christmas!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we can encourage each other to read it this year! :) Joyeux Noël, Kim!

      Lauren

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...