December 15, 2017

FdSTL Second Day of Christmas: Deux Desserts Délicieux


Happy Friday! For the second day of Christmas, I'm keeping it short but oh so sweet. Today I share deux desserts délicieux, two delectable desserts that are perfect for entertaining this holiday season and all throughout the year. Both recettes are wonderful for lovers of le chocolat, relatively simple to make, and sure to impress! Enjoy and bon weekend. :)

Flourless Chocolate Cake from the Daily Connoisseur (click this link for the recipe)

I discovered this recipe in Jennifer L. Scott's book At Home with Madame Chic and it has become one of my go to desserts. This gâteau is as delicious as it is beautiful. My favorite way to serve is with a small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or gelato (here is the one I most often use) and a few fresh raspberries. It is a very rich dessert so a little goes along way. Your guests are sure to feel special when you present them with this simple, beautiful plate. 


(click for link to book)

Mousse au Chocolat from the Simply Luxurious Life (click this link for the recipe)

Fellow francophile Shannon Ables of the Simply Luxurious Life blog and the Simple Sophisticate podcast is one of my most trusted sources when it comes to discovering new French inspired recipes to add to my repertoire. I've only made this chocolate mousse once and unfortunately didn't document the occasion, but I remember being giddy with joy that I successfully made something so perfectly light and airy. A classic French dessert, I believe a good mousse au chocolat recipe is a must to have on hand. 

What is your favorite French dessert, chocolatey or not? I would love to know in the comment below!

Enjoy this last weekend before Christmas.
Warm and sweet wishes from me to you,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...