February 14, 2018

Le Bric à Brac (n°7): Odds & Ends

Bonne Saint Valentin! I'm keeping it short and sweet today, and spreading the love of some of my latest favorites with another edition of Le Bric à Brac. Enjoy! 


 

LOVE is in the air. Brooklyn in Love. Amy Thomas's latest book was released on Tuesday, February 6. I preordered, received my copy in the mail, and can't wait to dive in! I absolutely adored her first book, Paris My Sweet, where she tells the tale of her year in Paris, listing must stop shops for delectable sweets along the way. Either would be the perfect way to treat yourself this Valentine's Day. :)


♥♥♥

French Frye in Paris Facebook live tours: This one was recommended to me by a reader. Merci Cheryl! Corey Frye is an American tour guide in Paris. On his French Frye in Paris Facebook page, Corey has been posting 20-30 minute live Paris tours, but you can also enjoy the replays. Episode 1 took me to the steps where Owen Wilson sat in Midnight in Paris, past the Panthéon, and finally to the Medici Fountain in the beautiful Jardin du Luxembourg. A little bit of Paris wherever and whenever. A sweet treat indeed! 

Speaking of favorite Paris spots, I've made some updates to the FdSTL Paris Guide. As I reminisce on past travels and collect ideas for future travels, this list grows and evolves. My hope is that it can give you some ideas as you plan your next (or first!) trip to the City of Light. 


♥♥♥

The Simple Sophisticate podcast with Shannon Ables: If you've been here since the start, you know I talk about blogger and podcaster Shannon Ables often. She has been a big part of my journey, so I am constantly grateful that she continues to follow her dreams, sharing beautiful inspiration each day. Shannon's podcast The Simple Sophisticate comes out with a new episode every Monday. Lately, this has been a treat as I commute from work to school on Monday afternoons. You can also enjoy fresh content daily on her blog, The Simply Luxurious Life. I cannot recommend her enough. It is so fun to connect with her as a fellow Francophile, but her inspiration reaches much further, touching anyone who seeks to live their best, most contented life. 

And there we have it! I hope today's post provided you with a few unexpected treats to savor this Valentine's Day and beyond. 


Warm and loving wishes from me to you,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...