December 18, 2017

FdSTL Fifth Day of Christmas: Five Golden Things


With just a week until Christmas day, it's possible you've got a little last minute shopping to do. Today's post features five golden things, cinq choses dorés, that I love - all $100 or under. Maybe you'll find something here for a francophile friend (and it's OK if that francophile friend is you!). Bon shopping! 

These little guys are my favorite for marking favorite quotes and lines in my francophile books (and all of my reads). A perfect gift paired with one of my favorites (here) or one of the 17 suggestions on the latest episode of the Simple Sophisticate podcast (listen here).

I had so much fun visiting a Caudalie store in Paris. Tony and I traveled with carry-ons only, so I had to limit my purchases to items 3.4 oz. or less. This travel size mist was just the thing. I love a spritz of this elixir when I wake up in the morning, or to refresh my skin in the late afternoon. Caudalie has added the gold details to the bottle to celebrate the product's 20th birthday, and I love the packaging of this little stocking stuffer. :) 
A major name in French fashion, Ines de la Fessange has put out several francophile books that I enjoy including Parisian Chic and the Parisian Chic City Guide. In this style book, she provides the ingredients for a Parisian inspired wardrobe, as well as inspirational outfit ideas for whatever life might bring. 


My mom and I got hooked on these candles on our last trip to Chicago. The Bloomingdale's Home Store was burning the Holiday Candle (far right) and we came home with the Birchwood Pine (center). I haven't tried the Sugar Cookie (left) but based on my experiences with the other two, I bet it is wonderful. These are beautiful candles that your eyes and your nose will adore!

To me, this bracelet encompasses the French appreciation of life's simple luxuries. I wear mine almost every day as a reminder to enjoy the little things, whether that be a walk in the park or a warm cup of coffee or tea. Plus, it's from a company right here in St. Louis, MO! 

À demain for the sixth day !
Warmest wishes from me to you,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...