September 17, 2017

La pause-gâteau


Bonjour readers, and happy Sunday! Today is my fiancé's birthday. Joyeux anniversaire, Tony! In the French spirit of valuing time with loved ones, I'm going to make today's post brief and let the birthday celebration begin.

A few months back, I wrote a post titled la pause-café, coffee break. Tony is currently taking a beginner's French course and his teacher has them take a pause-biscuit, a cookie break, in the middle of each class. I love this, and so today I've decided we are taking a pause-gâteau, a birthday cake break. With a lot on both of our plates lately (no cake pun intended), intentionally taking time to pause and focus on quality time together has been incredibly important. Maybe today you will invite a pause into your Sunday as well. 

Before I sign off, a few francophile finds to enjoy today or throughout the week when you need a little pause, a little inspiration.


Inspiration de la semaine (inspiration of the week):

Sézane launched their fall collection today. Happy shopping!

Rebeccca Plotnick of Every Day Parisian explores Paris from A to Z

Justine Leconte talks French women and their parfum

As always, warmest of wishes from me to you.


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your fiance. I realy liked your previous posts on cake and eargerly looking forward to your next post. Thank you big time

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...