July 28, 2017

Packing for Paris: My Travel Beauty Routine


(Our bathroom at the beautiful Hotel Bellerive 

Recently, I have been working to fine tune my beauty routine, finding not only what works best for my skin but also products that are healthy (read more on this here, here and here). When it was time to fill my dopp kit and cosmetic bag for Europe, it was incredibly important to me that I packed products that stuck to these standards (though as I've said before, I just do my best - there are no perfect products) and that would keep my skin feeling fresh  through several planes, trains and automobiles. Below, I will highlight what I brought and provide links in case you are interested in trying any of these products for yourself! Again, these opinions are honest and mine alone. 


Inside my Dopp kit:

ACURE Facial Cleansing Gel (vegan and cruelty free): ACURE is a line that is easy to find at your local Target or Whole Foods. I had been using this particular cleanser for a while before heading on our trip so I knew it was one that worked well for me. It also comes in a convenient travel size, and because we chose not to check any luggage, adhering to TSA liquid regulations was incredibly important. What I love about this product: It has a nice fruity scent that isn't overpowering and leaves my skin feeling cleansed but not dry/taught as some cleansers can. It also does a great job of removing my makeup. 

Juice Beauty SPF 30 Oil-Free Moisturizer (organic and cruelty free): While I like this product, it is the first of many healthy SPF moisturizers I want to try. I had already purchased this before our trip and the full size bottle meets TSA regulations. Because it works just fine for me and I don't want to be wasteful, I decided to continue to use it until I run out. Then I will try something new to see if I like it more. What I love about this product: I have incredibly oily skin and it is oil free so I don't feel greasy or shiny when I am wearing it. My make up also applies nicely on top. This is a mineral sunscreen (containing zinc oxide) meaning it acts as a shield and reflects the sun's rays away from the skin. What I am unsure about with this product: I don't love the scent. It isn't overly strong, but still not my favorite. In addition, it is fairly thick and takes some time to rub in completely (this can be true of mineral sunscreens in general). It does leave a white cast, but this is something I have gotten past as I also know that means my skin is being protected. If I find another healthy sunscreen I love I will report back! 

Blissoma Peace Evening Calming Creme (vegan and cruelty free): This is the first product I purchased from Blissoma and it is still a favorite! And once again, the full size meets TSA guidelines. What I love about this product: It is made locally and honestly right here in St. Louis, MO. It is a light moisturizer that is easy to apply and blend, with an herbal scent that calms me into a peaceful night's sleep.  

LAVANILA The Healthy Deodorant Vanilla Lavender (all natural): I have tried several aluminum free deodorants but have found myself circling back to this. Because it comes in solid form, I didn't have to cram it into my liquid ziplock which was wonderful. I could easily pack the full size. What I love about this product: While this deodorant (as with all aluminum free deodorants) is not an antiperspirant, it does do a nice job of blocking odors and leaving a fresh scent throughout most of the day. I only have to reapply once at most. In addition, aluminum free deodorants prevent that pesky yellowing that can occur on whites with antiperspirants containing aluminum. And the smell! I am a sucker for anything lavender, and this is just delightful! 

Davines All In One Milk Lotion (focus on sustainable beauty): I adore my hair salon, Thirteenth & Washington, and discovered Davines products there. This All In One Milk adds hydration and shine, detangles, and controls frizz. What I love about this product: It truly does all of those things AND smells awesome! 

ACURE Organics Dry Shampoo, Brunette to Dark Hair (vegan and cruelty free): Back to ACURE. Before I found this powdered dry shampoo I was using an aerosol. The smell was always overwhelming and I hated breathing it in. I was also nervous about bringing an aerosol in my carry on. Already a fan of the ACURE brand, I opted to try this for travel. AND it didn't count as a liquid! Perfect for my carry on. What I love about this product: no smell, blends in well, and truly cuts down on oils on a day when I don't wash my hair. 


Inside my cosmetic bag:

Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation (cruelty free and more): A long time Bare Minerals user, I am an Alima Pure convert. I love the way this applies and blends, and better yet, I love knowing that it's healthy! 

Almay Clear Complexion Concealer (This one doesn't meet the standards of health beauty, but I continue to use it because it covers my acne and acne scars like no other and blends well with my mineral makeup.) 

HAN Skincare Cosmetics Pressed Blush in Coral Candy (organic and cruelty free): I was on the hunt for a healthy blush and decided to try this. It is now an absolute favorite. The Coral Candy color provides a natural flush with just a hint of shimmer that I find doubles as a highlighter, illuminating my face. 

Couleur Caramel Long Eyelashes Mascara in Brown (vegan, Qualité France): Smells amazing! I know that's weird to say about a mascara but it's true! 

Couleur Caramel Eyebrow Pencil in Light Brown (vegan, Qualité France): I find if I do nothing else, filling in my brows defines my face and makes me feel more put together. 

Couleur Caramel Creamy and Shiny Lipstick in Glossy True Red (vegan, Qualité France): I wore a red lip almost every day in Paris, and now I can't stop. I love the look of toned town, natural makeup with a pop of red! 


What I would add next time:

Blissoma Refine Clay Renewal Treatment (vegan and cruelty free): I got this product as a part of this trial kit, and I love the way it detoxes and exfoliates my skin. I was really craving a mask like this on my trip, especially after airplane travel. 

Blissoma Smooth A+ Correcting Serum (vegan and cruelty free): Also a part of the trial kit linked above, this has become one of my absolute favorite products. My skin is prone to acne and this oil-free, anti-inflammatory serum really helps when cystic acne appears (especially on my chin).  



Interested in reading more about travel beauty? Check out these posts from some of my favorites for even more product recommendations! 





Whether you are packing for one last summer vacation or dreaming of future travels, I hope you enjoyed today's post. :)


Warm wishes from me to you,

5 comments:

  1. The Australian Cancer Council make an SPF 50 sunscreen that is perfect for under makeup.
    I know it's a seperate product but I've found it to be exceptionally good.
    It comes in a large size, ideal to keep with your make up and I've sometimes seen it in a small travel size.
    All products by this organisation are excellent and available on line.

    Congratulations on your engagement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the black tube - Active dry touch.

      Delete
    2. Merci Claire! I just added this to my wishlist on Amazon. :)

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking of your love of Paris and how you might enjoy reading the book reviews that "Mix and Match Mama" does on her website. She reviews her monthly books, and at least one of them is about France/Paris. You might want to check out her most recent post today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! I just got on her blog and LOVE those book reviews. I've read Delicious! by Ruth Reichl. So good. But I will definitely be checking out Paris Street Style! Merci, encore! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...