May 28, 2017

Petits Moments: Seeking Inspiration and Listening

Summer means more time to devote to my passions, which also means Fleur de St. Louis has the opportunity to take on new life. With more time to write and experience my city, I'm not bound to Wellness Wednesday and Francophile Friday. There is room for new. There is room for growth. I'm still in the process of figuring out what that looks like for me and the site, but during that process I am seeking out a whole lot of inspiration and doing a whole lot of listening to that which is speaking to me. I know that what is right for me and the growth of this project will come with time. Here are some of the places I am continuing to seek inspiration:

Instagram. I loved this post from @mylittleparis about being in the now.

(Later will be too late. Our life is now.)

Podcasts. If you follow me on Instagram @fleurdestlouis, I gave a shout out to Shannon of the Simple Sophisticate podcast a few weeks back. Shannon is a beautiful person and I encourage you to follow her blog, read her book, or listen to her podcast if you are someone on a journey to live your best life. She has done more for me than she knows. The episode I was listening to centered around Julia Child, and Shannon provided a quote that encouraged me to continue doing what I love:
"Julia didn't know how it was all going to turn out. She just did what she loved."

Books. Reading whether it be a book for wellness, a memoir, a novel, etc. is my greatest source of inspiration. I just finished an awesome livre de voiture (I usually talk bedside books, but this was an audio book I enjoyed while driving). I listened to Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes after several recommendations. I quoted her a few posts back when I talked about how I haven't just been dreaming, I've also been doing a lot more. I finished the book today, and here was another favorite quote:
"Happiness comes from living as you need to, as you want to, as your inner voice tells you to. Happiness comes from being who you actually are instead of who you think you are supposed to be."
Fleur de St. Louis is definitely a part of my mission to be the truest me I can be, to live the happiest life I can live.

I'm currently reading You are a Badass by Jen Sincero who I also mentioned in a previous post. Only a few chapters in, I have already found great inspiration. One stand out quote echoes Shonda's words:
"You're on a journey with no defined beginning, middle or end. There are no wrong twists and turns. There is just being. And your job is to be as you as you can be. This is why you're here."
I'm working on letting the true me shine. Seeking inspiration and listening gives me guidance and provides me with energy, but the most important person I can listen to is myself. What are my goals? What feels right for me on my path to accomplish them? I can't wait to see what unfolds, and thank you so much for stopping by to be a part of that journey, too. I hope you maybe even found some inspiration for yourself here today. :)


Warm wishes from me to you,






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...