May 13, 2017

Bonjour Bujo (n°8): Setting Up the Dailies

(My lettering here was inspired by the beautiful work at Get To Work Book. I just put my own spin on it!)

Bonjour, journalers! Today's post is n°8 in the BuJo Set Up Series. After today, you will have all of the essentials you need to have a fully functioning bullet journal. Of course there are extras, but there is plenty of time for those once you journal for a while and get a feel for what works for you best.

The dailies will take up most of your journal. This is where you get the specifics down - plans, to-do's, notes, inspiration, and reflections for each day. There are several ways to go about setting up the dailies. When I started my journal, I was more of a "let it flow" girl. I would create a daily header (ex. Saturday 10.29.16) and then truly let it flow from there. Some days I would use the whole page. Some days I would only use a few lines. Wherever I left off at that day's end, I would create the header for the next day and continue the flow. This method definitely has its benefits. The freedom to journal in more detail was my favorite part. I could really reflect on my day, write down inspirational quotes from my reading, etc. Reading back on these is always a lot of fun. Here are some examples where I let it flow with my dailies: 



I found that once school was in full swing, I wanted to be able to see and plan my whole week. When you let it flow, this isn't possible. Of course you can always refer to your monthly spread, but for me that wasn't the same as seeing my week at a glance. This is when I transitioned into daily spreads. I could lay out the entire week on a Sunday night and be all set. This is also beneficial when your weeks get too busy to make heading designs daily. Of course the drawback to the spread is the pro of letting it flow: you lose out on space to really go deep on the journaling. It becomes more of a quick list. I do find, however, that weekly spreads look incredibly beautiful. Here are some of my weekly spreads: 



As is the case with all things bullet journal, there is no right way to do this. As I transition into summer, I can see myself getting back into the "flow" because I will have more time to slow down and reflect. As I have said time and time again, it's really about what your needs are and what works best for you... AND you can always change it up whenever you feel. :)

I hope you are enjoying your journaling process! In case you didn't catch the other posts in the BuJo Set Up Series, I will link them below. Thanks so much for stopping by. I would love to see images of your journal! Tag them on Instagram using #fdstlbujosetupseries. 

Warm wishes from me to you,







Fleur de St. Louis BuJo Set Up Series:
*Bonjour BuJo n°2: Journaling Essentials (and extras)
*Bonjour BuJo n°4: Setting Up the Key
*Bonjour BuJo n°5: Setting Up the Index
*Bonjour BuJo n°6: Setting Up the Future (& Birthday) Log
*Bonjour BuJo n°7: Setting Up the Monthly Spread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...