May 7, 2017

Bonjour BuJo (n°7): Setting up the Monthly Spread


Bonjour, fellow bullet journalers! It's been about a week since the last Bonjour BuJo set up post, and I am excited to announce that in just one more post after today, your journal will be fully up and running! Of course I will come back every now and then with tips that will help you personalize even more to fit your specific needs. :) 

Today, I'm showing you my monthly spreads. Immediately following my future log is my first monthly spread of the journal. This spread introduces a new section. It also acts as a more detailed future log for that specific month. I never set up my entire month at once, so sometimes I need to note down plans with friends, events, and appointments here. The future log does this on a much grander scale. The monthly spread allows you to begin to zoom in on that particular month in more detail. 

People lay out their monthly spreads in tons of different ways. A simple Pinterest search of "bullet journal monthly" reveals a wide variety of layouts, colors, elements, etc. I was really drawn to this particular image, and it inspired my February 2017 monthly. (Note that I often write days, months, etc. in French in my journal. I'm always looking for ways to add that bit of French flair!) Not only did this layout function beautifully, it inspired me to start using a monthly color scheme. The pens and highlighters chosen for this spread were carried throughout my February dailies as well (more to come on this). I loved this layout and color scheme idea so much, I've been using it ever since. It works for me. This is not to say I won't ever venture out and try something new, but for the time being I am consistently happy with this approach.

Below are photos of my February, March, April and May monthlies. One night this week, I got so excited for June (this is when my boyfriend and I leave for our European adventure) that I went ahead and laid that monthly out as well. I can't wait to share it with you. It is one of my favorites so far, and you will instantly see why. :) 






I return to this spread each week as I am planning. I love the little gold binder clips from the dollar section at Michael's. I always clip it around the monthly and the current week for easy access. My best advice when it comes to monthly spreads is to seek out inspiration and find something that functions well for you. And remember, you are always free to make a change in the new month. 

If you are following along and setting up with me, I would love to see your monthly spreads. Tag your images on Instagram at #fdstlbujosetupseries, or click this tag on my journal posts to see all of my images together. 


Warm wishes from me to you.
You're almost all set up!
Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...